Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Miss Imogen Heap.

I had the pleasure of seeing her perform not once, but two times this year, and she's coming back my way this december and I'm certainly going for for a third. If you've never been, seeing Immi live is a really intimate experience. It felt like I was sitting in her living room and she just happened to have three different keyboards and drum machine. The space was warm and inviting, decorated with foliage and christmas lights. It was cozy. The venue was small enough that even though I was in the back of the room it felt like I was involved in a personal conversation with Immi herself. She told us stories about the songs, showed us how she loops her vocals and instuments and played with the voice synthasyzer she uses on "Hide and Seek." She played several songs on a standard piano instead of the keyboard which brought a new delicacy to the music. She even forgot the words mid way through a song and joked about how we'd just have to sit through the whole thing again. I feel confident in saying not a single person minded.
Pictures of the performance in San Francisco 1-26-06




So, until I can get my head together and release another full mix, enjoy a few b-sides, remixes, live tracks and colaborations from one of the most talented musicians of our generation.
Speeding Cars - Imogen Heap
Cumulus - Imogen Heap
I'm A Lonely Little Petunia - Imogen Heap
Hallelujah - Imogen Heap
Hide and Seek (Unofficial Strings Remix) - Imogen Heap
Hide and Seek (Morgan Page Bootleg Remix) - Imogen Heap
Just for Now (Live Lounge in Toronto) - Imogen Heap
Let Go (Solo Piano Version) - Imogen Heap
Second Sense - Jon Hopkins (Feat. Imogen Heap)
Not That Big (Metronomy's NotThatRemix) - Temposhark (featuring Imogen Heap)
Congratulations - Blue October (Feat. Imogen Heap)
and just for fun (and 'cause I know a certain K80, who shall remain nameless, loves a capella group covers of popular songs) ,
Hide and Seek - UCLA Awaken A Capella
And make sure you check out Immie's Myspace to make sure you don't miss her comin' around your way!
4 comments:
Sittin' in the airport, listening to my own personal remix of one of my very favoritest Immie songs, provided by one of my most favoritest people in das wvurld. (please forgive me, I saw Beerfest this weekend and I can't help but slip into a very crude German accent here and there.)
Thanks for sharing some pretty special Immie moments with me this year. Here's to many more.
As a fan of Imogen, I thank you for the Strings mix of Hide and Seek.
"Technically" you were there
Isn't it about time you get your next mix out?
I'm just sayin'...
Post a Comment