Saturday, April 07, 2007

Apparently, I'm a Duff Man!


(Really diggin' the dark air)

I'm certain that as I'm posting this I'm losing serious music credibility with some, but that's the price you pay for being eclectic. And by "eclectic", I mean a 26 year old gay man who can't help but love a good dance track! So here's what I know about miss Duff. I know that she was once the reigning queen of Disney and she was at one time bitter rivals with one Lindsay Lohan. (P.s. I was totally Team Duff, frankly because she's much cuter than that no talent Lohan.) I also know that, though I absolutely despise that Chad Michael Murray prick, I love the shit out of "A Cinderella Story." (Jenn T, I Blame You!!) But until recently I didn't know much of her music. About a week ago I saw the music video for the first single from her new album, Dignity, and it really wasn't bad. Actually, I was humming it all over the place for the next few days, so I decided to check out the rest of the album. When did Hilary Duff start making really good electro-pop!? Now, hear me out before you de-friend me from myspace! Yes, it's pop music, but it's really well crafted pop music! The music is rich with Electro-synth fuzz like on the aforementioned 1st single, With Love, and beats reminiscent of 80's dance tracks like Debbie Deb's When I Hear Music on the slow and steady Burned. The lyrics may not be profound, but they are certainly more grown up than I've heard of her in the past, and with a voice as sweet as pulled taffy, you'll soon forget you're singing along to themes that we all hoped to be past by 19. Let's face it, we're all still angst ridden teens, we just have jobs now. Find comfort in an artist who understands and can help you forget your problems. Dance it out people!

Purchase Album from Amazon ; itunes .

A few of my favorites from Dignity :


(Alternate CD cover)


Download

(Tracks download at full quality, despite the jenky preview player sound)

With Love

Gypsy Woman

I Wish

** Bonus Track

With Love (Richard Vission vs Dave Aude Club Mix)

***

Download all tracks as a ZIP file

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can i just say that if you have me singing hillary duff songs to myself while going about my daily business, we are going to have words!