
Yes, it's that time again, Halloween!!! It's been too long between posts so I really wanted to do something big for my first time back. But I'm not going to do that. Instead, I found two of my favorite spooky videos for spooky-esque songs and decided to share them with you.
The first one is from the electronic group Röyksopp. For 2005's The Understanding they teamed up with everybody's favorite Nordic song siren Karin Dreijer of the Swedish electronic duo The Knife. The result? Beautiful
Check it out Here
Download the track here
Röyksopp - What Else is There?
(Buy the Album HERE)
and because I think that the remix has a bit more urgency and is actually a bit more creepy than the original, but because my music a.d.d. generally permit me to sit through 7 minutes of anything, I created a "radio" edit for
Röyksopp - What Else is There? (Trentemøller Remix Edit)
__________________________________________
The next track is from English indie it girl Natasha Khan via her band Bat For Lashes 2006 release Fur and Gold. "What's a girl to do?" starts out sounding like a familiar 50's girl group anthem but quickly turns into the eerie narration of an ending relationship. The pounding drums echo like your heart beating hard against your ribcage and a chilling harpsichord sounds like your nerve endings firing off in preparation for a terribly unpleasant sensation. Meanwhile Khan's rich and full voice gently lulls you into the dark, deep night unaware of the dangers that wait within. Those dangers it seems, are furries. The video is one of the strangest things I think I've ever seen. There she is, riding along, on a dark road looking like Lilly Allen ( technically Lilly looks kinda like her as Khan was born 1st) when BAM! Furries in hoodies bust out from behind her and proceed to to bike stunts. But what does it mean? I'm sure I don't know, but it's more than a little bit disturbing.
Check it out here
Download the track here
Bat For Lashes - What's a Girl To Do?
(Buy the Album HERE)
What's your favorite creepy song? video? Lemme know.
No comments:
Post a Comment