Thursday, March 20, 2008

More Than Just a Beard?



Back again. Spotlighting the next artist I'll be enjoying on the Hotel Cafe Tour. His name is William Fitzsimmons and he has quite the musical story but since I'm actually on vacation right now and don't really feel up to sitting in front of my computer trying to come up with something creative to say about him, I think I'll let his Myspace bio do it for me.
"



So there you have it. He sounds a bit like Sufjan, a little Iron and Wine, with just a hint of Postal Service thrown in for good measure. It's good stuff. Check out a couple of my favorite tunes and go grab both of his albums! They're fantastic. Then go check him out live. Please support the artists you enjoy any way you can. Enjoy.






From Until When We Are Ghosts (iTunes)

Funeral Dress


From Goodnight (iTunes)

It's Not True


And for your viewing pleasure



Video for It's Not True

and



William with Ingrid Michaelson (she's coming up next) performing "King of Wishful Thinking"

1 comment:

Michael Coates said...

Great Rec! I love this guys music.