Monday, September 15, 2008

My Bubbles, My Bubbles!!!

I was watching Vh1 18 or something the other day because Pop Up Video was on. Remember that show? Some of my favorite useless trivia came from that program. Such as "Meatloaf got his nickname when he stepped on the foot of his high school football coach." (also, did you know that none other than Transformer's Michael Bay directed the music video for "I would do anything for love..." hmmm...) Anyway, at the end of the show I was reading through the credits and the writer of the theme song came up as Mike Errico. If you don't remember (and how could you not?) it goes a little something like this:



Lost you there for a minute, huh? I know, it's mesmerizing.

Ok so I thought to myself, "That's funny I have a song I really like from a long time ago by a guy with that name. I wonder if it's him?" Sure enough after some simple Googling there it was on his official page: TV Credits "Pop Up Video."

I hadn't listened to this song in some time, but I could never forget my favorite line from it "if my life were a movie you'd be burried in the credits. you'd be woman number two with her head up her ass, but it's too late." Awesome.

He's made a couple more albums since 1999's Pictures of the Big Vacation. Who knew? I'm gonna go check out some of his newer stuff, give this track a listen and, if you like it, do the same. Enjoy.

Mike Errico - Daylight (YSI LINK)

Purchase Pictures of the Big Vacation

from his Official Site

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!